A spacious rural holiday home
We decided to bring this old stone farmhouse back to life after it was left deserted for decades, turning it into a spacious holiday home in Haute-Loire in the south of France. With 6 bedrooms to sleep up to 15 people, this former 300 sq.m farm is suitable for
groups of families or friends for a weekend or holiday.
The Bâtisse de Lucien is in a rural location that is ideal for outdoor leisure activities but also close to the town of Puy-en-Velay with all its activities and services.
We look forward to welcoming you to our exquisite 5 star holiday rental full of character and cosy charm. Its spa area has a hot tub and lounge to relax while overlooking the surrounding mountains. From May to September you can enjoy the heated swimming pool, soak up the sun on a sun lounger or relax in the shade of the old walnut tree.
Relax and unwind
The rental has different amenities for you to enjoy with your family or friends for a weekend away or holiday.
Step out into a haven of vegetation and fruit bushes; there is a 25 sq.m seating area in the shade of the old walnut tree for outdoor reading; grill with friends on the 80 sq.m covered patio for all seasons with its 75cm gas griddle; the swimming pool is open from May to September. For cyclists, there is a room to store your bikes and charge the batteries to enjoy some stunning long bike rides.
In the charming and characterful farmhouse you will find a living area on the ground floor including :
- A kitchen with all the appliances (500 litre fridge and freezer, microwave; SMEG range cooker with 5 induction hobs and oven, dishwasher, Nespresso coffee maker, filter coffee maker, kettle, toaster, two raclette grills for 10 people) and a 3 metre island/bar to hang out for a drink with friends or cook for a family weekend
- A dining area for 15 people
- The old fireplace, now a space to read up on the different tourist activities
- A comfortable 30 sq.m living room with a large 4K smart screen and table football that will delight young and old
- A toilet/laundry area with everything you need for your clothes (washing machine, dryer, clothes horse, ironing board, iron) and for cleaning (vacuum cleaner, broom, scrubber, bucket, mop)
Take the stairs up to the first floor and you will discover three comfortable suites. The 3 south-facing bedrooms overlooking the countryside each have a 180x200cm (6’0”x6’6”) double bed, shower and separate toilet. A hair dryer and storage spaces are also provided. Climb up the last steps to another sleeping area for 9 people with a shared bathroom area comprised of two showers, two toilets, a double washbasin and hair dryer.
This second level has 3 bedrooms :
- A bedroom with one 180x200cm (6’0”x6’6”) double bed
- A bedroom with four 90x200cm (35”x79”) single beds
- A bedroom with three 90x200cm (35”x79”) single beds
All bedrooms have a storage space with a wardrobe, bedside lamp and desk.
For your comfort, bed linen is provided and you will find the beds made when you arrive. All of our beds can be adapted to single or double beds to cater to all types of groups.
If you wish, bath towels (70x140cm - 28”x55”) can be provided. To help young families, we can provide a kit including two travel cots, a high chair, a booster seat and a baby bath.
Open from mid-May to the end of September, the swimming pool is heated by a solar cover and heat pump. The pool is 4 x 9 metres (13ft x 30ft). The pool has different depths for the whole family to enjoy: a 35cm (14”) ledge for small children and for the rest of the family, a depth ranging from 1.15m (45”) to 1.45m (57”).
For safety, the pool is fenced and has a cover that you can close.
On the other side of the covered patio is an annex with a wellness and relaxation area… Wind down in the warm massaging hot tub (for 5 people). The wellness area also has a tea corner. Come and relax in this cosy lounge where you can empty your mind and just enjoy the view.
An exquisite rural holiday home close to amenities
Our holiday rental is ideally located in the countryside but close to town.
10 minutes in the car will take you to the nearest supermarket or a farmers’ market to find local produce, the town of Puy-en-Velay and its restaurants recommended by us to enjoy the local specialities. There is a bakery just 3 minutes away.